Saturday, September 3, 2011

September Muse Showcase: Astrid Maclean

We are pleased to have the talented Astrid Maclean join us as our September Muse! A papercrafter extraordinaire, Astrid has been published in Somerset Studios Art Journaling magazine. She has also recently joined the design team of Snazzy's Stamping and Scrapbooking shop.


I could go on and on...but you probably would rather hear about Astrid from Astrid so I'll let her take over from here.

I have been stamping probably for about 10 years or so, but did not get seriously into it until about 2007.


Being a teacher by profession I received my first stamp, a box of embossing powers and embossing ink, as a Christmas present from a child in my class whose mum owned a rubber stamp shop.


That was the beginning of a hobby that no doubt will last well into retirement! By now I must own well over 200 stamps and more stash than I have room for…

My paper crafting hobby has developed from those early stamping and card making days into using many different media and I would like to call myself a mixed media artist.


I love journaling, altering all sorts of objects and playing about with gesso, acrylic paints, collage and many layers. Often I use my stamps more for creating backgrounds rather than as a main vocal point.


We are excited to have Astrid share some of her wonderful creative process with us during September. If you can't wait to see more of Astrid's amazing art, check out her blog aptly named Astrid's Artistic Efforts.


All artwork in this post is by Astrid Maclean.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent work, Astrid - I recently became a follower of your blog and love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful write up and display of artwork Astrid! Your work is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I can't wait to be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, loving the colours, trace x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, dreamy, quality to these pieces.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thrilled you are our muse this month Astrid as your work is always beautiful and brilliantly designed. Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin