Friday, October 7, 2011

Laura Liddell: Create Kraft Resist Card

Currently Kraft Resist cardstock seems to be quite the thing. Here I will show you one way to create your own.

I am using both Kraft card and Cream card to show the technique. A background stamp. I have chosen to use this Tim Holtz script stamp. Also I use Archival ink.



This is after I have stamped the image. You can see the difference between a brand new stamp pad and an older one. The Archival Coffee is much wetter than the black and the image is not quite as fine.


I then chose some more textural background stamps. I really like these ones from The Artistic Stamper. Versamark ink pad and clear embossing powder.



Stamp these background stamps over the other images and cover with clear embossing powder.


Heat set with heat gun


Choose some distress inks to further colour the card. I just had to play with the new limited edition fall colours.


Just apply the colours with sponges to really show up the resist.


The card is then ready for you to use in your projects.





23 comments:

  1. Fab look with the distress colours over the top. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tute Laura. Excellent effect! :)
    Will have to try this....I'm all for saving pennies when I'm stamping.
    Sioux xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! What a great technique - I will definitely be doing this. Thanks, Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that idea! Thanks for sharing your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easy to follow tutorial, and I love your cards.Thanks for sharing!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the technique. Been doing a lot of resist lately (took Jennifer McGuire's class) but never thought of doing it on Kraft! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the resist on Kraft- Thanks for sharing!!! Great cards- it is nice to see the resist on the lighter CS too for a visual comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tutorial, very neat. I will have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great tutorial. thanks so much
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good idea! Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Pink Saturday greetings from Holland,
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing, Laura - I cannot wait to do this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun new way to try out Tim's new colors for fall! I especially like your rainbow-stripish look, the way you've blended artfully at the edges, along with your cute layout overtopping all.
    Gotta try this one out soon!
    Thanks!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, lovely! Thanks for the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the resist technique it always gives a bit of wow factor to what could often end up a boring flat background. I love how you have used these images together to create a seamless design. It could easily pass for a background stamp taht was bought ready made.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab technique and tutorial! Thank you so much, Laura,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really great tutorial and fabulous results too.
    Thanks Laura, will be giving this a go.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, Laura
    I love this blog and the wonderfully inspiring ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a really cool idea - love the end result! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely spectacular results! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great tutorial,I shall definitely be trying this one. and love the stamps! :)))
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin